So as you can see once school started I got really busy and kept meaning to but forgetting to post a new blog post. Sorry!
Okay, so lots has been going on here obviously! I'll just give you a run down;)
Meredith- still teaching:) I am really enjoying it this year with my new co teacher (Stephanie) and my close proximity to the kids. Last year I saw them all during the day but this year I am right next to all three of their classes so I can peek in on them often:) I get lots of hugs and kisses during the day from them still so I love it!
Kevin- Is moving groups at Arby's! He is moving from the reporting stuff to the financial planning stuff. He is excited about getting a new opportunity at work. It will help him as he continues to try and grow his career. It is also a really good family moved because they don't have to work the same kinds of hours in that group that he does in his current group.
Jonathan- still starting to learn to read. He is SO cute when he brings home one of his little books and shows us how he "tracks the print." SO CUTE! He is SO proud of himself and Emma really thinks it is awesome. She was sitting there and he was "reading" to her (he actually has the book memorized) and she said "Yeah! Jonathan!! You can read!!! I so proud of you!!!" I cried I will admit it! Jonathan can also sound out words now! So you should start getting some letters from him. Well, short letters it takes a while.
Emma- Is still our artistic one. She is SO sweet with Hunter and she loves to do art work and make up songs. She figured out how to make herself a little microphone stand then she sits in front of it and plays her barbie guitar. CUTE!!! She is going to be Hello Kitty for Halloween. Oh and she is REEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY into pink and purple right now! Usually if I try to get her to wear another color she will pitch a fit. Nice. She also is really into "night time dresses" and if I try to give her a non nightgown set of pajamas again with the fit. I thought we had a few more years for this?????
Cooper- he is still working on the potty training. I wish he was already:( He wants to but with preschool it is really hard because it is inconsistent. He can't go in underpants until he can be accident free and that will be a little bit. He is a lefty if you did not know. He is so cute to watch do his art work also! He is very particular and he will work and work until he gets it the way he wants it to be. I personally think he is taking after Grandad but he will vote Democrat when he grows up;)
Hunter- IS WALKING!!!!!! Finally!!!! So we are out of physical therapy but he is still in speech therapy. He is also going to the local big pediatric allergy and immunology people November 11th so please be praying about that. We are going to be able to find out what all of his food allergies are and make sure we know them all (which we think we don't). If you lost track he is allergic to: dairy, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, sunflower, berries and we are avoiding shellfish, fish and tree nuts.
Also, in the big family news I stayed home from school on Wednesday because Hunter had a little fever. Turns out he had an ear infection. Know who told me that??? The ER doctor! Know why we were there???? He decided that he wanted to EAT not one but TWO button batteries!!! ACK! They had to do an XRay and they were in his stomach. So, they had to do general anesthesia and use a tube to go down into the stomach to get them, turns out by the time they got in there they passed too far into the small intestines to get them. So we had to wait for them to pass which I am happy to report they have. So I got to bring Emma, Cooper and Hunter to the ER. When they decided to do the procedure to get them out I called Kevin (who works right by CHOA) and had him come get E&C and go home to get J off the bus. It was a LONG exhausting day for everyone and I am still drained from it.
This is on top of the time a few weeks ago where I had to call 911 because Hunter ate egg for the first time and he had an anaphylactic reaction. I used the Epi Pen and he was still wheezing so the ambulance came but I was able to drive him to the hospital. He was okay but NOT fun!
I will say though that God really has blessed me with a "non-freak out gene." He really does know what He is doing because He knew I would have kids that needed Epi pens and would swallow batteries and He cared for them by giving them to me instead of another Mom that would freak out. He also cared for me by giving me this "non freak out gene" so when I have to deal with something I don't freak out! I just do what I need to and then later I reserve the right to cry!!!
Big things coming up for us are that we are going to Pennsylvania to visit with my parents for Thanksgiving week. I am also going to be able to see some friends of mine while I am there. I am really looking forward to that! We will also be able to go to North Penn to worship and I am really excited to see everyone there!
I am also getting ready for my big Disney trip with my sisters! We have been planning this for a LONG time so this is exciting stuff! December 4-8 I will be husband less and kid less and hopefully get to sleep in at least once:)
We are also getting excited for our big family trip to Disney that my parents are taking us and the kids on next year in December. Little early to be getting too excited but we know that the kids are just going to LOVE it! Grandad and Nana seem pretty stoked too!
Well, that is the briefing on us!
God is good all the time!
Mere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whoa! Long update, but thanks for the study break :) I can't wait for our trip!!!
Post a Comment