I really hate asthma. I mean REALLY hate it! Almost as much as I hate food allergies...
Last Monday Jonathan was coughing and having an asthma flare. We decided to keep him home from school because he was going to need his meds throughout the day. I called the pediatrician to get refills on his preventative inhaler, the nebulizer medication and the rescue inhaler that we HAD to have to send him to school on Tuesday.
I called the peds office first saying I just needed the two inhalers, then I realized I needed the nebulizer meds so I called back. Well, apparently the nurse called the pharmacy and told them to cancel the inhaler and just give me the nebulizer. Of course I realized this when I was at the Target pharmacy at 8:00 at night and there was no way to get a new RX for the inhaler. Great. So Jonathan could not go to school on Tuesday because we were afraid to risk sending him without the inhaler. I teach on Tuesday's so he got to come to school with me. It was actually a fun thing but still he missed two days of school!
Well, we got him better and he is doing fine. Now I brought Hunter to the doctor today because I thought he was wheezing and had an ear infection. Turns out he WAS wheezing and had an ear infection. I will toot my own horn and say that the pediatrician told me that I am good about knowing when the kids need to go to the dr and when they don't. So now Hunter is on an antibiotic AGAIN and is also on the nebulizer medication but of course a lower dose than Jonathan's. I have spent more money at the Target pharmacy in the last week than one should have to let's just say that!
Hopefully now with some meds we are all on the way up but I would not count on it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment