Tuesday, August 12, 2008

People without kids

How do they know exactly the perfect way to raise children? How are they instilled with this knowledge?? How did I miss this? I feel completly ripped off that I never got this information before having MY children. It should would make life a lot easier now if someone would have told me all this before!

I went to the dr today to get some blood work done, well after the appointment Cooper pitched a fit about something, I don't even honestly know what, well I wanted to leave so I said "Let's go Cooper!" and he would not go with me. Okay, fine then "See you later! Have a great day!" (which works like a charm every time by the way) and walked over to the elevator where a pregnant woman was standing. She was looking in the direction of Cooper (who was just around the corner) muttering under her breath saying "Geesh, what is WRONG with that kid, good grief, etc...." with a look of total disdain. Well you know what sister he is three and that is normal behavior for three year olds, see you in three years and you can let me know what you think!

While I am ranting the other type of mother that drives me NUTS is the one who has one young child who knows everything about anything. "I will NEVER let little Jimmy have a cookie! I will NEVER bribe them! They are perfect and they will just always do everything I want." "We will play together for HOURS daily (as they look at you like you are the worst mother in the world when you say um yeah but I have 6 loads of laundry to do today) and they will read by 3" "We will NEVER play with loud, musical plastic toys because they have the best imagination..." "They will LOVE every fruit, vegetable and whole grain whatever I give them. McDonald's shall NEVER pass their lips."

Um hum... again talk to me in three years.

No comments: