Today was Jonathan's VERY FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!!! As you know we were so worried about how he was going to do! Well let me tell you he did SO GREAT! He just about ran onto the bus we were so proud of him! This morning he came into our room telling us "It's school day!!!" He got into bed with us as he does every morning and talked to us about school and how he was excited to ride the bus and how Mrs. Eifrd is very nice (that is he teacher he met her at meet the teacher day 8/7) and he is very excited to eat lunch in the cafeteria.
Kevin, Emma, Jonathan and I (Coop and Hunter were still sleeping) went to the school bus stop at the bright and shiny time of 7:05 and waited for a while for the bus. The kids ran around and played (he is the only kid at his stop) and when the bus could be seen at the corner they both were yelling "THERE IS THE BUS!!!"
Jonathan was very excited to see me when he got off the bus and he told me all about his day. Highlights are that "blue days" are when he goes to school and "red days" are when he does not, he did not get to play in the center he wanted to "because the other kids would not share," and the kid that sat next to him at lunch annoyed him because he would not tell him his name. So there you go that is Jonathan in a nutshell!
I did well enough today I only cried after he was on the bus and at every bus I saw for the rest of the day.. um... and the yellow Penske truck I saw too...
The other excitement for the day was that Hunter had a speech therapy evaluation. About 25 minutes after our appointment time they came out and said our insurance would not cover the diagnosis code that the pediatrician gave so for the next hour and a half I worked with the pediatrician's office and their insurance person trying to come up with some code to get the insurance to cover it. Seeing as he is 14 months old and only says "mama" and "dada" he needs to go! But I cannot pay for that out of pocket! So we finally figured it out and then they were still able to see him (2 hours after his appointment time mind you) for the two hour evaluation appointment! YIKES! However, I was pleasantly surprised because Emma and Cooper did great! I was so happy.
They did recommend therapy for Hunter (again no one was surprised about that) because he has the receptive language of a 9 month old and the expressive language of a 7 month old:( However, they seem to think that he is going to do really well and only need therapy for a few months which I am happy about!
He goes back next Monday for the second part of his physical therapy evaluation. They did recommend PT but I think they want to keep an eye on him until he is able to get in. He is going to the large Children's Hospital program here so it takes a while to get in. HE has weak trunk muscles and his muscles in his left leg are too tight so it is causing him to have some balance problems. They PT said that she needs to keep an eye on the one leg too to make sure that he does not have a hip problem. She obviously cannot be sure but she is doubtful that is what the problem is.
So there you go another crazy day here!
The letter to Jonathan was an idea I saw somewhere and I thought it was a good idea:)
No comments:
Post a Comment